I am so, so grateful to have my loving and supportive husband by my side. I don't know what I would do without him.
My nurse and I walking down to the OR room. I had so many emotions, but I felt so comforted. I knew these next few moments would change my life forever.
As I laid there waiting for Hoss to be delivered I felt so honored to think that I was chosen to be his mom and have had carried him for the last 8 and 1/2 months. The spirit was so strong in that OR room, i'm sure it was because Hoss was so special.
This is our sisters and the kids waiting for Hoss's arrival in the recovery room. I know our kids knew it was a very special day and they had lot of nerves too, especially our little tender Hudson. We had talked about this day for a long time in anticipation. I can't wait to continue to talk the kids about this day in the future!
My amazing doctor and her team delivering Hoss. They really had to tug and pull to get him out, but I love this pic seeing his feet and legs. I had three woman doctors and they did an incredible job!
Our first view of Hoss T. Hemsley. He was perfect in every way and I couldn't wait to hold him!
This is Hoss's nurse and the respiratory therapist. They are husband and wife and also our neighbors (Jim and Laura McGregor.) We were so lucky to have them with us that day! I felt great comfort knowing that they were able to be there with us. He was born at 8:03 A.M. and weighed 5lbs and 17in. long.
Channing and his mom
These pictures say a thousand words....It was our first family photo and I can't forget the amazing feeling it was to know that we will all be together again.
Hoss being delivered at 35 weeks and 4 days, his lungs weren't fully developed. He wasn't breathing the best and his nurse told us that we wouldn't have very long with him. We wanted to wait to give him a name and blessing when we went back to my room so grandpas and uncles could participate, however Chan and I felt we needed to give him a blessing right then and there.
Channing gave the most beautiful blessing to Hoss. I wasn't feeling the best from the anesthesia and I couldn't hear much of it. As soon as the blessing was over our little Hoss started to pink up and breathe better. What a blessing the priesthood is and I have a strong testimony of it! I know our grandmas who have past were there watching over us!
I LOVE this pic of Chan and Hoss. He had the cutest little nose, lips and the sweetest cheeks.
This is my dad talking to me as I was getting moved into the recovery room. He was so supportive and uplifting through the day.
These are my wonderful parents....they are the best! I know this wasn't a easy day for them, but they were excited to meet Hoss.
This is Chan's parents. They to were excited to meet Hoss. We are so grateful for both of our parents and how supportive they have been for us. We are so grateful we got to have them with us that day!
Hoss being early had little fat rolls on his tummy and some broad shoulders like his daddy. I loved his chubby little feet. In the recovery room Chan and I had some time to ourselves to be with Hoss. It was such a special experience.
We love our baby Hoss so, so much!
I couldn't stop thinking how grateful I was for this little boy and how he changed our lives for the better. He strengthened my testimony of the gospel and the Plan of Salvation and I know we will get to see him again.
We were so proud!
Heading down the hall to my room so Hoss could meet the rest of his family. These are my awesome nurses.
This is a pic of me going into my room. My brothers, grandpa and dad all there to support me.
Brystol and Hudson loved giving hugs and kisses to their baby brother.
Hudson is the sweetest big brother and he has been wanting a little brother for a long time. He is a tender heart and these next pictures will tear at your heart for the love he has for his brother. He just kept saying how much he would miss him. Hudson just wanted to just keep holding him and get all the time he could with him.
I am going to cherish these pictures of all of our hands.
Hoss' nurse let the kids help her do footprints. They loved every minute!
My three favorite boys.
Hudson was drawing pictures for Hoss. The one I thought was so cute was of Hudson and Hoss riding their horses together.
The Hemsley Family
The Jensen Family
We were so blessed that all our family could be there to meet Hoss and spend some time with him.
All four of the kids loving their baby brother.
Little Hinklee with Hoss.
Me and my parents
I am so glad I had them every step of the way and thankful for all their support!
My talented Mom that captured every moment of this special week.
At this time we knew that Hoss's lungs started to fill up with fluid and his heart rate started slowing down. We couldn't have been more grateful for time we were able to spend with him.
Channing sat by me on the bed and held Hoss out in front of us. Hoss opened his eyes which he didn't do the whole time and for not having that forehead bone to support his eyes would have been so hard for him to do. He looked up at us and just smiled. It was so precious! He wanted to spend as much time with us as he could.
I can't imagine how hard it was for both of our parents to have to watch us go through what we did, but through the Gospel Channing and I knew it would be all worth it.
Hoss lived a beautiful 4 hours and 47 minutes and we couldn't of been more grateful. When I first found out Hoss had Anencephaly I prayed that I could stay healthy and carry him to full term and be able to meet him. My Heavenly Father blessed us so we could do just that.
Channing's dad holding Hoss after he passed.
I will never get over how cute his chubby little hands were.
After he passed some sweet ladies that volunteered their time came and did molds of Hoss's hands and feet. They were perfect and they will be such a special keepsake to have. When I think back to Hoss's delivery it seems like forever ago... I have had a lot of hard days where I wish I could kiss his cheeks one more time and hold his little fingers. I know he is in a better place and is watching over us every day. The first night I came home from the hospital, Channing wanted to show me something outside. As we went outside there was a bright star directly over our house and we knew that star was Hoss' shining so bright. Now every night I always look for that bright star over our house and it brings us such comfort. The 2nd day of February will always have a imprint on our lives! It was a day Heavenly Father allowed us to spend with our little angel.









































































Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your journey. It has strengthened my testimony. You two are incredible parents.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteBritney, thank-you for sharing this journey you have taken. Love you and your sweet little family. May the spirit of our Heavenly Father remain with you and your family. Janet
ReplyDeleteMy parents (Craig & Elizabeth Crandall) have kept me a bit updated on you, your sweet family and your beautiful story. Continued prayers that you feel the love of our Heavenly Father and your precious son! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. It has been humbling to read, and brought perspective to my life. ♡
ReplyDeleteI've been following your blog for a while now, and just want to tell you how proud I am of you for the choice you made to carry Hoss, deliver him, and love him. He was, and is, perfect in every way. I wish you much happiness going forward. Oh, I am Bob McGregor's daughter, just so you don't think I'm some crazy stalker.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your beautiful story. It makes me want to be better and stay closer to Heavenly Father. Still praying for you and your sweet family Mandy and Bryan Williams.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your special experience. I could really feel the spirit testify the truth of eternal families! Keep staying strong and the Lord will continue to bless you. You'll be reunited before you know it. (:
ReplyDeleteAn amazing story. You guys are incredible. Our oldest son has severe autism and is nonverbal. Sometimes just getting through each day is a challenge. However, we've learned that sometimes unexpected things can be our greatest blessings. Hoss is lucky to have parents like you.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this journey with me. It has strengthened my testimony. The story has been so awesome and special. I could feel the peace and comfort reading this and seeing the pictures. Bless Hoss, he knew the family to join. Your family is so special that is why he came to you. Hoss is a special little boy. May you find peace and comfort. Remember the special time you had with Hoss. Look to the Star!!! I love you!
ReplyDeleteWhat an incredible journey. I am bawling fyi! I feel thankful that I got to meet you briefly the other day because I truly feel blessed to get to learn from your amazing example. There are not words for the level of appreciation I have for people like you who endure such difficult trials. These trials make us Christ-like and I could feel and see so much of that in you. I pray for your heart to heal and that you will have peace through this- for your family as well. Keep posting because I would love to keep in touch through your posts! Wow, just wow. You are amazing!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, The lady from Hapari with the little boy that LOVED you:)
Loni
I just want to wrap my arms around both of you. You must be feeling our Heavenly Fathers arms continually wrapped around you. XOXO
ReplyDeleteHere I sit, almost 2 years after your precious, perfect angel Hoss was born. I don't know you. I can't even explain how I happened upon your blog. But I wanted to thank you for sharing such sacred experiences. I pray you continue to feel Hoss specifically by your side as well as the Holy Ghost, our Savior, and our Heavenly Father and Mother. Your example is uplifting and inspirational. Thank you again
ReplyDeleteHere I sit, almost 2 years after your precious, perfect angel Hoss was born. I don't know you. I can't even explain how I happened upon your blog. But I wanted to thank you for sharing such sacred experiences. I pray you continue to feel Hoss specifically by your side as well as the Holy Ghost, our Savior, and our Heavenly Father and Mother. Your example is uplifting and inspirational. Thank you again
ReplyDelete